Ekonomik Terimler Ansiklopedik Sözlük (Economic Terms Encyclopedic Dictionary)
This is an economics based reference book. Although there are economics terms in the dictionary, economics related terms which are used in other social sciences are included as well.
Prof. Dr. Halil Seyidoglu, Guzem Publishing, Istanbul-Turkey.
Mukaddime, as one of the Eastern Classicals, was written by Ibn-i Haldun.
Ibn-i Haldun (A.C. 1334-1406), is accepted as a master of Sociology, since he researched life styles of the communities and systematized such information, moreover, as a first person who performed this. He is a historian and an economist as well.
In Mukaddime, many historical events are studied and related evaluations are executed in social, cultural and economic contexts.
Ibn-i Haldun, M.E.B. Publishing, Istanbul-Turkey.
Herkes İçin Ekonomi (Economics for Everybody)
The book has two chapters:
The first one consists of "History of Economic Thoughts".
The second one is about some economic issues in micro-macro scales.
Prof. Dr. George Soule, Prof. Dr. Gerson Antell, Translator: Nejat Muallimoğlu, Avciol Publishing, Istanbul-Turkey.
İslam Ekonomisinin Temel Meseleleri (The Main Issues of Islamic Economics)
The book has three chapters:
The first one consists of main features of the Islamic Economics.
The second one has the title "The Islamic Economics as a Science".
In the last one, some information related to the Islamic Economics in academic education are given.
Dr. Muhammed Ekrem Khan, Translator: Dr. Omer Dincer, Kayihan Publishing, Istanbul-Turkey.
Kapitalizm, Sınıflar ve Devlet (Capitalism, Classes and The State)
The book has seven chapters:
1) Materialistic roots of the class government in modern state
2) Capital accumulation ways and state community relations in Turkey
3) Capital accumulation, classes and relative autonomy of the state
4) Capital accumulation and the state
5) The state and democracy in less developed capitalistic countries
6) The stages and long periods of capitalistic development
7) The thoughts on new tendencies of the concept "Socialism"
Haldun Gulalp, Translator: Osman Akinhay, Abdullah Yilmaz, Belge Publishing, Istanbul-Turkey.
... ve Marksizm (... and Marxism)
The book consists of fourteen chapters:
1) Being Marxist
2) Marxism and
3) Proleterian Dictatory and Marxism
4) State and Dictatory
5) Party and Marxism
6) Why was Leninist Party "A New Type Party"?
7) Lenin and Socialist Revolution
8) On the Concensus, Majority Principle and Democratic Centralization
9) On the Program and Draft Rules&Regulations of Freedom and Solidarity Party
10) The Matter of Marxist Organization and Aybar
11) National Matter and Marxism
12) Different Thoughts on the Asian Type Production Style (ATUT), Civil Society and Westernization
13) A Scrutinizing Effort on the Matter of Leninist Dictatory
14) Again on the Matter of Leninist Dictatory
Kenan Somer, Doruk Publishing, Istanbul-Turkey.
Türkiye'de KOBİ'lerin Kurumsal Gelişimi ve Finansal Sorunları (Institutional Development of SMEs and Their Financial Problems in Turkey)
The book consists of five chapters:
1) Definition of SMEs (Small and Medium Sized Enterprises) and Their Characteristics
2) Share of SMEs in Turkeys Economy, Their Institutional Development, and Their Organizational Situation
3) The Problems that SMEs are Facing in Turkey
4) Financial Problems of SMEs in Turkey and Their Alternative Financing Possibilities
5) The Questionnaire on Existence of SMEs in Turkeys Economy and Their Financial Problems
Dr. Mehmet Behzat Ekinci, Askon Publications, Istanbul-Turkey.
Avrupa Yolunda Türkiye - Müzakere Sürecinin Ekonomi Politiği (Turkey in the Road to European Union Economics-Politics of the Discussion Process)
The Book consists of four sections:
2) Economic Policies
3) Democratization, Environment, and Problems on Socio-Cultural Adaptation
4) International Economics-Politics
The authors of the Book including totally 22 studies are as follows respectively:
Cevdet Bozkus, Mehmet Altan, Rifat Hisarciklioglu, Fuat Keyman, Murat Cemrek, Salih Ozturk, Mehmet Yuce-Rahmi Yucel, Adem Uzumcu, Mehmet Behzat Ekinci, Adnan Erdal, Deniz Ozyakisir, Ahmet Arabaci, Sammas Salur, Mustafa Okmen, Nejat Dogan, Zeki Uyanik, Serhat Bastan, Bekir Kayabasi, Esra Hatipoglu, Mehmet Dikkaya, Burkan Serbest, M. Ali Tugtan.
Editor: Mehmet Dikkaya, Alfa Aktuel Publishing, Bursa-Turkey.
Bilimin Öncüleri (Pioneers of Science)
In the book, the definition of science is made; history of science is studied; and method of scientific thinking is dealt with. Following these subjects, biographies of some of the famous scientists are presented.
The Book consists of three sections:
2) Method of Scientific Thinking
3) Pioneers of Science
Cemal Yıldırım, TUBITAK Publishing, Istanbul-Turkey.
Yöneticilik Yazıları (Management Articles)
The book consists of original, collection, and translation studies in various topics concerning the concept 'management'. There are 26 studies on 'management- organization, finance-risk capital, marketing, advertisement, and so on. The writers are as follows:
Nihat Erdogmus, Serdar Ozturk, M. Ibrahim Turhan, Mustafa Ozel, Mustafa Buyukabaci, Cem Tarik Yuksel, Candan Karlitekin, Meliksah Utku, Ziya Bilici, Erol Suleyman Gunduz, Ihsan Taser, Abdullah Seckin, Tuncay Dinc, Huseyin Bagriyanik.
BYV Publishing, Istanbul-Turkey.
Osmanlı Devleti'nin Dış Borçları ve Gözetim Komisyonları (1854-1856) [Foreign Debts of the Otoman State and Surveillance Commissions (1854-1856)]
The book consists of the initial borrowings of the Otoman State and the constitution of concerning Surveillance Commissions. In this context, the developments in the period 1854-1856 are studied.
1) The Borrowing Possibility of the Otoman State from International Financial Markets
2) Start of External Borrowing
3) Surveillance Commissions
4) General Evaluation
Dr. Sevket K. Akar, Dr. Huseyin Al, Tarih Vakfi-EABH-Garanti Bankasi Publishing, Istanbul-Turkey.
Finance for Trade
The book describes a selection of appropriate mechanisms and instruments that can be introduced by developing countries and transition economies to help improve the financing of trade for the private sector, particularly for SMEs.
The book consists of four chapters:
1) Finance for trade: Introducing new approaches
2) Selected traditional and innovative instruments and schemes for financing trade
3) Technical support to enterprises and banks
4) Designing and implementing schemes
Editor: Alison Southby, International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO, Geneva-Switzerland.
Modern Bilimin Oluşumu (The Construction of Modern Science)
The book studying the construction of modern science in context of the main elements involves the following subjects:
1) Aero Dynamic and Space Mechanic
2) Mechanical Philosophy
3) Mechanical Science
4) Mechanical Chemistry
5) Mechanical Philosophy and Biology
6) Organization of Scientific Enterpreneurship
7) Science of Mechanics
8) Newton Dynamic
Richard S. Westfall, TUBITAK Publishing, Ankara-Turkey.
Ulusal ve Uluslararası Ticarî Kurallar ve Uygulama (National and International Commercial Rules and Applications)
The book studies detailed theoretical and practical information on foreign trade and consists of the following main titles:
1) International Trade, Foreign Exchange-rates-transactions, and International Payment Modes
2) International Sale Contracts, Risks in Foreign Trade Relations and Arbitration
3) Overseas Sale Contracts in terms of Turkey Commercial Law
4) Usage of 'Incoterms' in International Sale Contracts
5) The Documents Used in Foreign Trade
6) Payment Modes in Foreign Trade
7) International Surveillance Firms
8) Some Financing Methods Used in Foreign Trade
9) International Measures
10) Assistant Institutions in Foreign Trade Transactions
11) Technical English Terms Used in Foreign Trade Transactions
Erkut Onursal, Okur Ofset, Istanbul-Turkey.
Tasarruf veya Para Biriktirme Sanatı (Saving or the Art of Money Accumulation)
In the book, in which saving is defined as "the art of money accumulation", evaluations concerning the benefits of this art are made. The book in which the benefits of saving are emphasized in details for household, institution, and the state consists of the following titles:
2) Labour Force
3) Habit of Money Accumulation
4) Samples for Accumulation of Money
5) Ways of Money Accumulation
6) Saving Banks
7) Little Things
8) Living Above the Possibilities
9) The Art of Living
Samuel Smiles, Translator: Mustafa Ertem, Akbank Cultural Publications, Istanbul-Turkey.
Zorba Devletten Hukukun Üstünlüğüne (From Despot State to Superiority of the Law)
The book gives important clues related to a society where there is superiority of the law. The book in which the concepts "state, law, and democracy" are studied in details consists of three main titles:
1) Global Dimension
2) Global and National (Mixed) Dimension
Prof. Dr. Sami Selçuk, Yeni Türkiye Publications, Ankara-Turkey.
The book in which the relationship between human and economics is studied in terms of the Islam consists of the following nine main titles:
1) The Islam and Economical Order
2) The Islamic Economics as a System
3) Normative Rules Concerning Economical and Social Activities in terms of the Islamic Economics
4) Summary of the Islamic Economics Model
5) Some Significant Matters related to Recent and Future of the Islamic World in Economical Aspect
6) Examples of the Communications of Our Prophet Hz. Muhammed (S.A.W.) for Economical Life
7) Religious and Economical Sides of the Terms "Right" and "Left"
8) The Islamic Banking; Queries and Replies
9) Comparison of the Secular Economics and the Islamic Economics
Prof. Dr. Sabahattin Zaim, Yeni Asya Publications, Istanbul-Turkey.
75 Yılda Para'nın Serüveni (The Adventure of Money in 75 Years)
The book, consisting historical development of money in different aspects, has six main titles:
1) From the Kuruş (1/100 of Turkey Lira) to the Million in 75 years
2) Accummulation and Distribution
3) Banks as House of Money
4) State and Money
5) Capital Markets and Stock Exchange
6) Money and the World
Editor: Mustafa Sonmez, Is Bankasi-IMKB-Tarih Vakfi Publication, Istanbul-Turkey.
Dünyada ve Türkiye'de Yatırım Fonları; Teori ve Uygulama (Investment Funds in the World and Turkey; Theory and Practice)
The book in which investment funds are studied in theoretical and practical aspects as well as examined in the World's and Turkey's scale consists of nine chapters:
1) Introduction to Investment Funds
2) Investment Funds in the World and Their Types
3) Investment Funds Applications in Turkey
4) Mutual Investments in Turkey
5) Time Value of Money and Evaluation of Securities
6) Accounting Investment Funds and Financial Tables
7) Taxation of Investment Funds
8) Portfolio Management
9) Measuring the Success of Investment Funds
Dr. Gurman Tevfik, Turkiye İs Bankasi Publications, Ankara-Turkey
Kayıtdışı Ekonomi (Underground Economy)
The book examining underground (secondary) economical activities in details as well as some countries' practices including of Turkey consists of eleven chapters:
1) Turning to Underground Economic Activities
2) Putting Business into Pieces
3) Objection to Tax: Minimizing the Business
4) Measuring the Unmesaurable
5) Underground Economy and Underground World
6) Dead End of Public Management
7) Underground Economy in Italy
8) Underground Economy in the Third World
9) Secondary Economy in the Former Soviet Bloc
10) Attraction of Underground Economy
11) Dimensions of Underground Economy in Turkey and Its Results
Prof. Dr. Osman Altug, Cem Ofset, Istanbul-Turkey
Uluslararası Hizmet Ticaretinde GOÜ'ler ve Türkiye (Developing Countries in International Trade in Services and Turkey)
The book where trade in services is studied in details, analysises are executed in the scales of developing countries and Turkey as one of them, and some related alternatives are offered consists of four sections:
1) Theoretical Frame Concerning International Trade in Services; Concepts and Models
2) Commercialization of Services and Institutional Developments in International Trade in Services
3) Share of Developing Countries in International Trade in Services and Their Alternative Possibilities
4) Share of Turkey in International Trade in Services and Its Alternative Possibilities
Dr. Mehmet Behzat Ekinci, ITO (Istanbul Chamber of Commerce) Publication, Istanbul-Turkey
When Perfect isn't Good Enough; Strategies for Coping with Perfectionism (Mükemmeliyetçilik; Dost Sandığınız Düşman
In the book where the term "perfectionism" is taken into account in technical, strategic, and intellectual basis, evaluations are made concerning the people who have this peculiarity. The book in which perfectionism is studied in terms of its advantages and disadvantages consists of three main sections:
1) Understanding Perfectionism
2) Overcoming Perfectionism
3) Working with Specific Problems and Perfectionism
M. M. Antony- R. P. Swinson (Translator: Aslı Açıkgöz), Kuraldışı Publications, Istanbul-Turkey.
Banking and Finance; Compendium
This is a dictionary which includes many words, terms, and phrases in banking and finance areas. It has following seven appendices as well:
1. Abriged Business Terms
2. Conversion Tables of Weights and Measures
3. World Currencies
4. World Central Banks
5. World Commodity Markets
6. Principal Stock Exchanges
7. World Times
Nasiruddin Ahmed, Pioneer Printing Press, Bangladesh, 2000.
The Challenge of Establishing World Class Universities (Dünya Çapında Üniversiteler Kurmanın Zorluğu)
The book consisting strategies for establishing world class universities examines the difficulties, costs, and risks occured during this process. In the book, the outcomes of efforts of the World Bank for establishing such universities are evaluated and an answer for how to develop the most efficient and convenient system to meet the needs of the countries is searched. The book mainly consists of three chapters:
1. What is the meaning of becoming a world class university?
2. The ways to the transformation
3. Proposals to the World Bank
Some of the appendices in the book are as follows:
- Comparison of major international ranking methods,
- Main characteristics of world class universities.
Jamil Salmi [(Training Director, the World Bank, Washington D.C.) (Translated by Prof. Dr. Kadri Yamaç as Dünya Çapında Üniversiteler Kurmanın Zorluğu)], Eflatun Publishing, Ankara, Turkey.
Foreign Trade Correspondences for Firms and Banks (Firmalar ve Bankalar İçin Dış Ticaret Yazışmaları)
The book mainly consisting of the correspondence in foreign trade has been prepared considering the foreign trade activities from the beginning to the end. Moreover, some essential information on foreign trade has been added so that it became a book that all personnel of trivets of foreign trade procedure which are firm, bank, and customs benefit from. Although there are many books on the subject, one of the characteristics that differs this book from its peers is that the procedure of foreign trade is taken into account here systematically. In this context, it might be stated that the book is suitable for the academic training system as well.
The book consists of four main and an enclosure chapters:
1) Foreign Trade Transactions
2) Essential Correspondences Techniques for Firms and Banks and Commercial Concepts
3) Sample Commercial Letters
4) Terms in Foreign Trade
Encls.: Procedure for a Sight Letter of Credit
Dr. Faik Celik, Dr. Mehmet Behzat Ekinci, Turkmen Kitabevi, Istanbul.
Agricultural Potential of Turkey and Its Future (Türkiye'nin Tarımsal Gücü ve Geleceği)
In the book in which agricultural potential of Turkey is studied and inventory of its resources is revised, future of Turkey is also examined in terms of this sector. The book consists of 16 chapters and among them are the followings:
- Agriculture in the World and Position of Turkey's Agriculture,
- Soil and Water resources of Turkey and Its Agricultural Design,
- Balanced Nourishment and Food Security,
- Industrial Plants,
- Auxiliary Equipment in Agricultural Production,
- Agricultural Problems of Turkey.
Authors of the book are as follows:
Ahmet Ruhi Mermut (Ed.), Ibrahim Ozturk (Ed.), Halis Arioglu, Halim Aydin, Filiz Boyaci, Mehmet Demirci, Oktay Gencer, Sabri Gokmen, Omer Hacikamiloglu, Rustu Hatipoglu, Abdurrahman Kaan, Mehmet Kara, Ozgul Karaguzel, Bekir Kaya, Necat Oren, Tijen Ozudogru, Betul Sayin, Ozer Sencar, Ihsan Soysal, Seyla Tepe, Mufit Yetkin.
MUSIAD Publications, Istanbul-Turkey.
Scientific Research and E-sources (Bilimsel Araştırma ve E-kaynaklar)
In the book, detailed information on the ways to make research and to reach the related sources for those who make academic studies are provided. In this context, a special importance is given to e-sources. Some chapters of the book consisting totally 12 main ones are as follows:
- Aim in a Scientific Study and Sorts of Researches,
- Selection of Subject, Setting Limits on the Study, and Preparation of Draft Plan,
- Benefiting from Libraries in Searching Sources,
- Determining Scientific Qualities of Sources, Reading and Evaluating Them,
- Writing the Research,
Prof. Dr. Zeynel Dinler, Ekin Publication, Bursa-Turkey.
Notes on Turkey and the Globalising World (Türkiye ve Küreselleşen Dünya Üzerine Notlar)
The book including many articles on various subjects about Turkey and the World focuses on the following main themes:
- Great Powers
- Law and System
- Industrial Policies
- Branding and Value Adding
- Integrity of Economic Policies
- Foreign Policy of Turkey
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Murat Yulek, Bilgesel Publication, Ankara-Turkey
Methodology of Economics (İktisat Metodolojisi)
The book raising methodological issues at Economics consists of three chapters:
1) Science, methodology and methodology at Economics
2) Methodology of Normative Economics
3) Methodology of Descriptive Economics
Ömer Demir, Sentez Publishing, İstanbul.
Fundamentals of Economics (Ekonominin Temelleri)
The book, designed for Introduction to Economics courses, consists of two main sections:
1) Essentials of Micro Economics
2) Essentials of Macro Economics
The book includes 24 chapters whose authors are as follows consecutively:
Mehmet Dikkaya, Doğan Uysal, Halil İbrahim Aydın, Fatih Kaplan, Gökhan Özdemir, Erşan Sever, Deniz Özyakışır, Adem Karakaş, Dilek Çetin, Ali Bora, Osman Kadı, Filiz Kadı, Fuat Sekmen, Burhan Kabadayı, Adem Üzümcü, Sami Taban.
Editors: Mehmet Dikkaya, Deniz Özyakışır, Savaş Publication, Ankara.
Economy of Turkey from the Ottoman to the 2000s; Historic and Sectoral Analyses (Osmanlı'dan İkibinli Yıllara Türkiye'nin Ekonomik Tarihi; Tarihî ve Sektörel Analizler)
The book taking into consideration different aspects of Turkey's economy consists of two main sections:
1) Historic Analyses
2) Sectoral Analyses
The book includes 24 chapters, authors of which are as follows:
Mehmet Altan, Erinç Yeldan, Mehmet Dikkaya, Erşan Sever, Adem Çaylak, Salih Öztürk, Adem Üzümcü, Gürol Özcüre, Şükrü Nişancı, Adnan Erdal, Ali Bora, Sara Onur, Mehmet Behzat Ekinci, Sinan Sarısoy, Deniz Özyakışır, Dilek Çetin, Önder Dilek, Fatma Pınar Eşsiz, Mehmet Gökhan Özdemir.
Editors: Mehmet Dikkaya, Adem Üzümcü, Deniz Özyakışır; Savaş Publication, Ankara.
Foreign Trade Correspondence for Firms and Banks (Firmalar ve Bankalar İçin Dış Ticaret Yazışmaları)
The book consists of four chapters:
1) The first includes general information on foreign trade; the Letter of Credit (L/C) is especially studied here.
2) In the second chapter examples of various styles of correspondence as used by firms and banks are available. Here, the use of some frequent concepts in English sentences are given with their translations into Turkish.
3) The third and main chapter is for correspondence. Here, direct and/or indirect correspondence from the beginning to the end of a foreign trade procedure is given in the English and Turkish versions. Some general correspondence is available here as well.
4) The fourth and last chapter is a mini English-Turkish-English dictionary. Frequently used terms in foreign trade procedures by firms, banks, and customs businesses are given in this chapter. Although the general meanings of the concepts are given, essentially their usage in foreign trade terminology are taken into account here.
5) In the additional chapter there is a sight L/C process. This process has been enriched by adding necessary documentation.
Dr. Faik Çelik, Dr. Mehmet Behzat Ekinci, Türkmen Publication, İstanbul.